“The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected.” (Proverbs 18:10)
Are you a Christian feeling hopeless, helpless, thinking you have no one to turn to, and no one to call? THINK AGAIN! Have you forgotten whose child you are and the name you carry? Through today’s verse, God wants to remind you of some things you may have forgotten that have caused you to be where you are. Here’s what He wants you to know:
- “The name of Yahweh…” – it alludes to the Person of God, His Character, His personality, and all His attributes. He is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Love, Merciful, Kind, and Just, who loves and cares about His creation.
- “is a strong tower;” – another one of His attributes. A metaphor meaning that, He is the one and only Person in which you can seek, and find, refuge from the attacks of our common enemy, the Devil.
- “the righteous…” – Those who have placed all their faith and confidence in Him. He sent His One and Only Son, Jesus, to die on a cross, be buried, and rise again from the dead, in order to defeat the power of sin and death, and give us eternal life and protection (John 3:16-18).
- “run to it and are protected.” – The Strong Tower of protection (God) is accessible only to those who, by faith in who He is, run to Him. These are those who have placed their faith in Christ for salvation, and surrendered their lives to Him as their Lord, and Master (Romans 10:9-10). Only these will receive God’s Omnipotent protection from the relentless attacks from the Devil.
Sadly, many of us Christinas do not run to, or even call upon, God for help when we’re under attack by the enemy. We tend to turn to friends who are as far away from God as we are, or alcohol to forget, or drugs to numb the pain, or isolation to hide the guilt and shame. This only leads to a much deeper and more difficult problem, depression. Too many of us end up in a dark, cold, lonely place, and suffering such an excruciating pain, that they cannot see or find an escape. God wants you to know several things:
- Hopelessness, helplessness, worthlessness, guilt, and shame are often mental and emotional illusions, created by the Devil to keep you from running back to God. Because you are a child of God, the Devil cannot have you, so he wants to destroy you and your testimony. DO NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!!! Call out to God and run to Him, NOW!!!
- God wants you to run to Him, just as you are. Don’t try to “clean-up” before you run to Him because you can’t. He will clean you up when you ask Him to forgive you for straying from him. CALL OUT AND RUN TO HIM, NOW!!!
- DO NOT LET THE DEVIL’S LIES KEEP YOU FROM GOD!!! God alone is your refuge and protection.
***If you have reached the stage of depression, God wants you to find a Christian Psychiatrist, and or counselor. Your pastor should be able to help you with that, if not, you can find one online.***
So, who are you going to call? Who are you going to run to?
In Christ’s love,