“The man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence indeed is the Lord, is blessed.
He will be like a tree planted by water:
it sends its roots out toward a stream,
it doesn’t fear when heat comes,
and its foliage remains green.
It will not worry in a year of drought
or cease producing fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
What a great word picture of how God blesses people and why. There are so many false doctrines going around out there that have left so many people confused and disillusioned with God. In today’s Scriptures, God makes it very clear what it takes to be blessed by God, what what it looks like to be blessed by God, and the purpose for his blessings.
- “The man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the Lord, is blessed.” – this is the person who has placed the entirety of their faith and confidence solely in God for His provision, the one who trusts in God in such a way that he lives in immediate, radical and costly obedience to God’s commands. This is the one who God desires to bless and use for His kingdom work. Faith requieres obedience.
- “He will be like a tree planted by water:” – there are great benefits to being planted by a stream or river of water, the best of which is life. Water represents life because one cannot live without water. God is our life because He allowed us to be born. He is keeping us alive so that we can put our faith and confidence in Him, so that He can give us eternal life (Isaiah 43:11). God provided for our eternal life through His Son, Jesus. He sent Jesus to suffer the consequences for our sins, thus giving us the opportunity for eternal life through faith in His act of love towards us (John 3:16-18).
- “it doesn’t fear when heat comes, and its foliage remains green.” – that tree, you and I, will no longer have to fear any hardships or struggles that come our way in our lives because we know that God is going to be there to supply our every need. Listen carefully; He will supply our every need, not our wants and desires, unless they align with His wants and desires. Do not be fooled by the false prophets of the “prosperity gospel”. Nothing will be able to steal our joy. Our leaves will remain green, always.
- “It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit.” – God’s power and authority over all things will be displayed through all who put their faith and confidence in Him, in that, even though hard times come, they will still be able to be used by God in His kingdom work. We will still be able to produce fruit, even during hard times. But only if we put the entirety of our faith and confidence in God and live solely in His service.
The fruit the we produce for God’s kingdom is our blessing. It is a great blessing to have eternal life, it is a greater blessing to lead others to eternal life through faith in Christ, and it is an even greater blessing to teach others to start spiritual families, or groups of believers. There are no greater blessings in life than these.
Have you put the entirety of your faith and confidence in God? Do you want to be blessed by God? Here’s how He says you can receive His blessing:
1. Recognize that you’re a sinner and thank Him for sending Jesus, His only Son, to die on the cross in order to pay the ultimate price for your sin (Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8) and raising Him from the dead in order to give you eternal life (John 3:16-18; Ephesians 1:13-14).
2. Tell Him that, at this moment, you willfully and intentionally choose to stop living your life in rebellion against Him and choose to start living your life as His disciple; that you commit to seeking Him, every day; following Him, every day; and that you will strive live in immediate, radical, costly obedience to Him and only Him, no matter the cost – even if it costs you your life (2 Corinthians 5:15; Romans 10:9-10). Then, do it.
This is the only way you can become God’s child (John 1:12) and experience the fullness of His love, goodness, joy, peace and perfect care. Do this right now!
If you did this, God is so happy with you and wants to start working in your life and through your life. Please send me a message letting me know that you did it so that I can pray for you as you begin a new life in Christ.
***Please send me a private message if you have any questions or if I can help you through this. I pray you will do it.***
In Christ’s love,