“Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” (Galatians 5:24)
This verse is a great reminder for those of us who call ourselves Christians as to what it means to be a Christian and the commitment we made with Jesus. Here’s what this verse is reminding us of:
- “Now those who belong to Christ Jesus…” – these are the ones who have put their full faith and confidence in the fact that Jesus is the Messiah, God incarnate, who came to die on a cross for the forgiveness of our sin and give us eternal life (John 3:16-17); that Jesus, who did not sin, took our sins as if there were His very own and suffered the full measure of God’s wrath for them in order to give us the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven (1 Peter 2:24).
- “have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” – we have made the conscious decision to nail, to kill, our passion and desire for the things of this world and chosen to live for and and accomplish Jesus’ passion and desire.
We must remember that Jesus wants to continue living His life here, on earth, through us. God, through the Apostle Paul, says it it this way:
“and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).”
Folks, Jesus wants to reveal Himself to the world through us so that the world that surrounds us will believe in Him and have the assurance of eternal life, just like we do. Jesus passion was for the lost and his ultimate desire was for not one to go to hell:
“The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).”
His passions and desires must become ours and to achieve that, we must make a conscious decision to nail our passions and desires for the things of this world to the cross of Christ, and to live only for His will.
- have you nailed nailed your passions and desires to Jesus’ cross?
- How will you obey today’s Scriptures?
- With whom will your share today’s Scriptures?
- With whom will you share the story of your salvation and the story of Jesus did for you on there cross?
***If you’re not a Christian and want to be assured of your place in heaven for all eternity, private message me and let’s talk about it. I really hope you will.***
In Christ’s love,